I'm beginning a project today!

I've always admired people who have tons of photos surrounding them, and been able to have a creative outlet with their memories. This may be my first step into scrapbooking! I've been journaling lately- keeping pads of paper around I can write my thoughts on, which I later tape into a notebook where I can write more than a few lines if I need it.

But back to photos! I saw this post over on Here's Lookin At Me Kid (who has since moved to Making Nice in the Midwest, yay for growth!) which gave me instant inspiration. What's going on in that most is a lot more picturesque than what I came up with. On a recent trip to Michaels I picked up a cheap 4"x6" photo album, and some scrapbooking paper I really liked. I already had some photo paper from when I got a printer.

Steps!

  1. Take picture, edit picture, print picture
  2. Put picture in photo album
  3. Write caption on pretty paper, or a sticker, or other pretty things.
  4. Put caption on top of picture inside the sleeve!
Super easy, perfect for me. I really liked how simple but put together this little project looks, when I see most DIY or journal ideas the first thing I think to myself is 'the first time I try this it will be a huge mess', which just means I need practice! but this little thing turned out wonderful the first try.

Since moving I've been learning to treasure my memories more and more, and how important it is to record them. I think I'll be going back through pictures I took while I was home and making albums out of those like this as well. Here's what I have so far:

$2.50 at Michaels! Going to look on Etsy for better albums.

I've posted pictures from this ride before, in this post.

Picture was taken near Angle Pond, there are more photos here.

Another grab from this post.

I am really liking a lot of the journaling activities and ideas I'm seeing, and think I may be getting into it a bit more!

I'm picking up all these hobbies while I am without work! Hopefully I'll be able to keep everything up once I star working again. :)

14 comments:

  1. Scrapbooking sounds like fun. In this digital age, all our photos just sit on our computer. Scrapbooking gets you engaged at creating a special place to hold all the memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked the visuals of scrapbooking, but haven't been able to be too involved myself. I am really liking that aspect- all these pictures I have sitting around will be able to be presented, and I'll have clear memory attachments to them later. :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  2. I love that! It looks super sweet and easy to do.

    I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to be more inspired through your posts. Feel free to follow back and we can keep in touch!

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I can't wait to share it with some family members. :)
      Your blog looks really great, I followed you back. :) I can't wait to be inspired by your posts as well.
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this!! I've been taking instant photos and putting them into a book but this is making me with I'd been labeling them! So neat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you like it :)
      I think I would love to do that with Instant photos too, you can write in the margins or on paper stickers and point arrows to the picture or something. I really need (very much want haha) to get an Instax
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  4. Hey I love your blog :) Follow it now :) See my blog whenever you have time :)

    thisisanmolkumar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked your blog out! Have subscribed. :)Thank you for looking at my blog!
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  5. I go to school outside of NH, but I've lived there my whole life! I love this idea of taking pictures to make a mini scrapbook! It's such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I saw it I was so excited.
      I just moved to NH! I have fallen in love with this state :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  6. This is a great idea to log memories! Very cute.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it will motivate me to journal/take more pictures as well. :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  7. Gosh, such a cute idea! I make photobooks all the time for the huge events, but I love this idea for the small things (that are still super important, of course!).

    Your blog is adorable as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I like it for the small things as well, I'm planning on organizing them by date ranges. :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete