Up to date Sunday #4

My new Subaru! I couldn't get a good picture of the car because of the time of day. :( It is a 2010 Subaru Legacy~


current song: Marina & the Diamonds - Primadonna

current thoughts: One of the things I've written down this week was about how if I wanted to become the best version of myself possible, it would take a ton of effort. No one gets anywhere without putting in effort- and I can't laze around looking for better things without working towards them. I make my own environment, and I'm the only person who can give myself the results I want. When I lost weight, it took a lot of effort, months of planning out every meal and counting every calorie. Last year, starting in June I think the only unplanned meals I ate were Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was effort and I got results I am proud of.

One of the things I've talked about on here before is how I get lethargic without a routine, and how I want to be more productive and I have been! But I think to be who I want to be in terms of personal happiness, social contentment, etc, I need to do more. Be proactive. Involve myself in projects that support me, and who I feel I am and involve myself with people who make my life better.

In my upcoming job, I hope to carry this with me. I remember at my last job, the best days were when I threw myself into my work completely, and was able to help others. This will always be true for me, and I just needed a bit of a reminder.

current plan: Go get my nails done, clean the apartment- with me starting work on Wednesday I will have less time at home to pick up everything! Better to get it in order now. I'm going to be doing some yoga at home later with the app I talked about last week. I did do a session of Jillian Michael's yoga meltdown which I really enjoyed a few days ago as well, but I don't think I've been able to focus on my own body as well. Plus, the svasana doesn't exist in yoga meltdown and it is my favorite part!

current quote:
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice, It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
- William Jennings Bryan 

12 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! I need to get into a routine as well, but without working its been kind of hard for me. Also, I'm so excited for your new car! How wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the big thing for me, not having work. I think I lost complete track of time for about two weeks, but having this blog and working hard to schedule things has helped me out a lot.\
      Thank you!!! :)
      ❤steph

      Delete
  2. Hey Steph,
    That's a pretty sweet ride you got there!
    As to becoming the better version of yourself, my advice is always to set some long term goals. Even if hit a few bumps along the road, as long as you focus on what you're really trying to achieve, you'll get there.
    Anyway, it seems to me that you're already pretty much on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to actually have it delivered on Tuesday.
      I really do need to establish more long term goals- I am doing the 101 things in 1001 days which I feel is a good start. When bumps come up I remember to start over. :)
      I hope I am able to stay on the right track, haha!
      ❤steph

      Delete
  3. Yes! I feel when you do work around you, the world around you works in your favor in return.
    ❤steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES YES YES!!!
    I'm SO jealous!!!! What a SWEEt car!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to actually pick it up tomorrow! My new baby *A*
      ❤steph

      Delete
  5. That is one sweet ride! I'm a Subaru fan though I haven't owned one myself yet- when I need my next vehicle it might be a Subaru, especially for icy roads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I got it for! I trust it. :) Quite a few of my friends from home had subarus, and I really grew fond of them haha
      ❤steph

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes! When I test drove it they said the Los Angeles driver in me came out- but we were close to Boston so I don't think it was that bad!
      ❤steph

      Delete
  7. Nice car! I bet it’s what you use to go around town! That’s the beauty of having a car. You can go anywhere you want, as long as you keep it in good condition with regular maintenance. Go and enjoy your new car, Stephanie! And finish the activities that are lined-up on your list.

    Sebastian Gaydos

    ReplyDelete