KC's Rib Shack review

Saturday I got to go to KC's Rib Shack for the second time, and I feel like this place is a little hidden gem. Probably because I had to park in some mud- they have the smallest parking lot! We went at a really busy time, with a large group- 5 people at 5:30. (We are the worst people.)

They were out of normal menu's, so we got the Take Out one haha. 
KC's has two floors, and both were open this time which is apparently really rare. I had looked up what I want online before hand- I am kind of in love with the angelfire-like website. I originally wanted the Barbecue Sundae (which I'm sure I'll get next time) but I went with another menu item you'll see below. 


I love the decoration of KC's- because it's the only location, and not a chain like Lucille's or Texas Roadhouse (which has the best free bread ON THE PLANET) it feels a lot more genuine. I had my prime lens with me, which is why there aren't any shots of a whole room. Well, that and I didn't want to get any other people in my pictures. 

My favorite license plate is 'KISS MY SS' (I miss my Camaro sometimes)


I have fallen in LOVE with their onion rings- they have the best batter, or something. I finished the whole basket by myself almost, it was so good. 


Jack is on a mission to find the best bacon cheese fries- he gives KC's a 7/10. His main beef (lol) is with the bacon- it was real bacon which is a plus, but it was not cooked to crunchy perfection, and was pretty sparse. He also felt the fries were a bit undercooked. However, he does say that most times he has been there they are perfection and 10/10 status. We normally go at non-peak times. 


Jack got the two choice chicken and ribs- the ribs were PERFECT. He went through them super fast. This is his normal order, and he did feel the chicken was a slightly overcooked, in contrast to every other time he's been there where it's been PERFECT. 


I had a basic sausage with dirty rice, a side of chili and cornbread. I loved the sausage and dirty rice. Mostly used the chili to dip my corn bread, which was PERFECT. :)

 We will definitely be returning to KC's Rib Shack. Probably at non-peak times! The service is great, the food is wonderful if you're in the mood for barbecue, and the prices are really really good. (Dinner for five with appetizers and some ordering large plates was a little over $100.)

If you are traveling in Manchester I would recommend checking out KC's Rib Shack! When I travel I like to find one-of-a-kind places, and I think this is an authentic barbecue place with some really great flair. (I love their Apple Tree Slatha when I get ribs.)
KC's Rib Shack Barbecue on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment